As of January 8, 2020 … Until further notice we will shift to online church.
You can follow the service and sermon series on our YouTube Channel.
we hope to resume the guidelines below when in-person gatherings resume
Here is what you need to know BEFORE you come to church for our Sunday morning gatherings.
- We will have ONE SERVICE on Sundays at 10:30am. With the present covid-restrictions for public gatherings, we have a limit of 25 people for the service. Kindly refrain from arriving before 10am, unless you are serving in some capacity (usher, greeter, A/V team, videography, praise and worship, etc…).
- The service will be LIVESTREAMED on the Onward YOUTUBE channel for those who cannot attend. Here is the link to our channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1h7_0H7upoC0r5QtO2QcQQ
- A word about ADVANCE REGISTRATION. You MUST register online EACH WEEK for the upcoming Sunday. Please allow those who are involved in the service (greeters, A/V team, praise team) to register earlier in the week. We ask that you wait until THURSDAY to register, as space allows. Use this link to register (click on service date, and follow instructions, being sure to register the number of people in your household that are coming). https://reopen.church/r/uJaIXZ9K
- Those WITHOUT INTERNET are asked to call Peter Cooney at 514-932-2720 to reserve their spot.
- IF you have any COVID SYMPTOMS you must stay home from church. Covid-19 symptoms are: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of sense of smell and taste, major fatigue, significant loss of appetite, general muscle pain, vomiting, diarrhea.
- You must WEAR A MASK when moving around inside the building, and while singing. But, once you are seated, you may remove your mask. Please bring your own mask.
- Avoid PHYSICAL CONTACT with others at church. This includes hugs and handshakes. This is just a common sense safety measure during this pandemic.
- Upon entry into the church, you will see a table with hand sanitizer pumps and a sign reminding you to SANITIZE YOUR HANDS. Greeters will be there to welcome you and direct you.
- In terms of SEATING, please sit 1.5m away from anyone not from your household (or in your “bubble”) who is seated on the same pew.
- For the time being, there will be NO SUNDAY SCHOOL classes or SUPERVISED NURSERY. However, the nursery room is still available for use during the service if parents need to use it for their babies and toddlers.
- Those doing a Scripture reading, prayers, leading worship, or preaching, can remove their mask while they speak on the stage.
While we are grateful to come together for fellowship, worship, and teaching, in person, we do not want anyone in the Onward church family to feel pressure to attend. I know many will be nervous about meeting at the church, and that is understandable given that some in the congregation are at higher risk due to their age and/or pre-existing health issues. We all need to acknowledge that meeting together in the church building does carry some unavoidable risk. We are trying to do all we can do as your leaders to minimize that risk based on what we know of the transmission of the virus, but we cannot eliminate all risk.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support through this time. May God bless each of you.
With Christ’s love,
Pastor Bryan Guinness