We have resumed Sunday gatherings. Here is what you need to know BEFORE you come to church.
- We will have ONE SERVICE on Sundays at 10:30am. With the present covid-restrictions for public gatherings, we have a limit of 25 people for the service. Kindly refrain from arriving before 10am, unless you are serving in some capacity (usher, greeter, A/V team, videography, praise and worship, etc…).
- The service will be LIVESTREAMED on the Onward YOUTUBE channel for those who cannot attend. Here is the link to our channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1h7_0H7upoC0r5QtO2QcQQ
- A word about ADVANCE REGISTRATION. You MUST register online EACH WEEK for the upcoming Sunday. Please allow those who are involved in the service (greeters, A/V team, praise team) to register earlier in the week. We ask that you wait until THURSDAY to register, as space allows. Use this link to register (click on service date, and follow instructions, being sure to register the number of people in your household that are coming). https://reopen.church/r/uJaIXZ9K
- Those WITHOUT INTERNET are asked to call Peter Cooney at 514-932-2720 to reserve their spot.
- IF YOU ATTENDED the previous week’s service, please wait until THURSDAY to register for the coming week’s service. That way it will give priority to those who did not attend the previous week to register and attend the upcoming week’s service. You may need to be prepared to attend church every other week, depending on the demand.
- IF you have any COVID SYMPTOMS you must stay home from church. Covid-19 symptoms are: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of sense of smell and taste, major fatigue, significant loss of appetite, general muscle pain, vomiting, diarrhea.
- You must WEAR A MASK when moving around inside the building, and while singing. But, once you are seated, you may remove your mask. Please bring your own mask.
- Avoid PHYSICAL CONTACT with others at church. This includes hugs and handshakes. This is just a common sense safety measure during this pandemic.
- Upon entry into the church, you will see a table with hand sanitizer pumps and a sign reminding you to SANITIZE YOUR HANDS. Greeters will be there to welcome you and direct you.
- In terms of SEATING, please sit 1.5m away from anyone not from your household (or in your “bubble”) who is seated on the same pew.
- In place of the regular SUNDAY SCHOOL classes offered during the service, children will be shown a Bible teaching video during the sermon in the upper room. It is meant for ages 4-10 (but 10-12 year olds are also welcome to join). Meanwhile, there is no SUPERVISED NURSERY. However, the nursery room is still available for use during the service if parents need to use it for their babies and toddlers.
- Those doing a Scripture reading, prayers, or preaching can remove their mask while they speak on the stage.
- A word about WASHROOMS. For the men’s and women’s washrooms downstairs, there will be disinfectant spray bottles kept on the counters for you to use before/after you touch common surfaces.
- For the time being, there will be NO ONWARD CAFÉ (refreshments, coffee) before the service as we are trying to minimize the risk of virus spread.
I want to conclude by saying that we are greatly looking forward to seeing you, Lord willing. But let me add this as well. While we are grateful to come together in person, we do not want anyone in the Onward church family to feel pressure to attend. I know many will be nervous about meeting at the church, and that is understandable given that some in the congregation are at higher risk due to their age and/or pre-existing health issues. We all need to acknowledge that meeting together in the church building does carry some unavoidable risk. We are trying to do all we can do as your leaders to minimize that risk based on what we know of the transmission of the virus, but we cannot eliminate all risk.
As you consider and pray through your plans for Sunday service attendance, please know that we want you to feel completely free and at ease to do what you deem best for you and your family at the present time. This is one of the reasons why it is our intention to livestream the services on youtube.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support through this time. May God bless each of you.
With Christ’s love,
Pastor Bryan Guinness